Monday 12 March 2012

Character Cast

Tam Lin (Justin):
I picked Jason Statham to be Tam Lin. First of all, Tam Lin is Scottish while Jason Statham is british. They sort of share the same accent. I also photo shopped his ear because his ears appear to be chewed off. "Tam Lin's ears appeared chewed, they were so misshapen. But when Matt looked into Tam Lin's eyes, he was surprised to see a glint of friendliness." I picked this picture of Jason Statham because his face is shining in the light, so I thought that it would show a glimmer of friendliness.

El Patron (Romi):
I chose Mark Margolis because i think he is what El Patron looks like. I believe this because El Patron is described as a frail old man "Matt saw that what he had taken for an armchair actually contained a man. He was extremely thin, with shoulder length white hair neatly combed beside his face so seamed and wrinkled, it seemed hardly real." Although in this picture Mark Margolis does not have shoulder length hair, he does have white hair, and a wrinkly face. El Patron is also described to be hospitalized and needs medical attention, the picture above shows a man who is needing medical assistance. El Patron is also a drug lord, and the actor in the picture above plays a old drug lord in the show that this picture was taken from.


Rosa (Arash):

I chose Fiona (the link to the article: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/movies/item_ZgaSwXOxWsxlk15YKlIx6N), because she resembles the description of the of the book " all the servants wore black dresses, with white aprons and  but another woman also seemed to be a severe woman with deep caresses on the mouth)". However, someone that fits her character almost directly would be aunt petunia from the harry potter series (played by Fiona Shaw). This is because Rosa is rather vicious and mean to Matt, and Aunt petunia is likewise to Harry. However, Rosa takes it to a much higher level of cruelty.

Matt (Sam);
I choose this boy because he looks like Matt did when he was younger and this likeness was key in my choice. This would be one of the rare moments where Matt is happy being with Celia, Maria or Tam Lin and I prefered this over one picture where he looked sad. Matt would be one of the easer characters to find as there are many boys who look like him but the other characters are much more specific in their characteristics.  (farmer )

2 comments:

  1. I like these pictures, because they portray the characters in a specific scene, just as I imagined them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your actors that you chose. The all look like the characters that farmer built in my mind. Great job bros. I also like how you wrote a paragraph explaining why you guys choose this. I don't know if you guys had to do this but we had to use page numbers to back up our evidence for every single character. Other than that Great Job!! P.S I love your blog name.

    ReplyDelete