Thursday 1 March 2012

Arash's individual Post


Arash: February 29, 2012

Personally I wonder why people are so mean to Matt? I mean it shouldn’t be a big deal that he is a clone. Also why was his mind kept in tact when all the other clones' minds were not? But regarding what I was wondering earlier, I mean technically clones share the same genetics as humans, so if the are biologically like, and behave like humans than shouldn’t the clone be treated normal? Also, if they extracted the intelligence of clones, then what is the point of making clones in the first place? Why was Matt so special that he was able to not lose his intelligence unlike the rest of the clones? I found it interesting the changes that he had gone through when he was in the prison he was in. I wonder how his experience would have differed if he didn’t learn he was a clone?

Some things that struck me in the story were of course the amount of hate that Matt got. Also how psychologically insane he had become when he was in the prison. That by our standards of course is inhumane. I can understand why he was becoming so damaged, and that also kind of tore my heart. He was kind of referring to the prison as his kingdom whereas if he were thinking straight, he would have thought it the opposite. And also when Celia came to rescue him, he was unhappy to be taken from his kingdom. This of course is another example of how insane he had become, because in reality he would be overjoyed to see Celia. But of course that is to be expected if a young boy stays in a prison for half of a year, with no one, not even the only family he ever had to talk to.

I think that the author introduced the characters and plot in the beginning like this because, it allows us to get to know the main characters, and also some important history of Matt. I also think that the author used the prison setting in order to establish the feeling of the dark psychological emotions that he was going through.  This was also used to show the development of his character, and also the loss of connection between himself and Celia.

No comments:

Post a Comment